Legal value for your email communications
Certified Electronic Mail (CEM) allows you to send emails with the same legal value as a registered letter with return receipt, with guaranteed proof of shipping and delivery times.
The service allows companies, professionals, and public administrations to communicate via a secure and certified channel, simplifying formal communications.
How it works
- the email is certified because the Operator issues a receipt that constitutes legal proof that the message and any attachments were sent
- similarly, the recipient’s Operator sends the sender a delivery receipt for the certified email message
- the receipts, which include the date and time, certify that the message was sent and delivered without alterations
- certified email is mandatory for all companies, public administrations, and registered/listed professionals
Additional CEM mailboxes
You can purchase additional mailboxes in addition to those included in the selected Vianova profile.
- activation fee: Euro 5.00 for each mailbox
- monthly amount: Euro 1.00 for each mailbox
Additional CEM space
You can purchase up to 100 GB of additional disk space for your certified email mailbox.
- activation fee:
- Euro 5.00 euro for each mailbox
- monthly amount: Euro 1.00 per GB
- increases over 5 GB: on a per-project basis
Additional CEM domain
You can certify your own domain or register a new one in addition to the one included in your Vianova profile.
- activation fee: Euro 5.00
- monthly amount: Euro 2.00 for each domain
- in the Vianova 1.1 profile, CEM mailboxes are only provided on the pec.wmail.it domain
- each Vianova profile includes a CEM mailbox for each voice channel
- each CEM mailbox has 1 GB of independent email space in addition to the disk space indicated in the subscribed Vianova profile
- the service includes a CEM domain certification for each subscribed Vianova site
- certification only takes place for domains hosted by Welcome Italia
- the maximum size of a certified email is 100 MB, including attachments
- the service does not allow the certification of mailboxes with the username ‘postmaster’
- CEM mailboxes are provided on the pec.wmail.it domain or on your own domain, provided it is hosted by Welcome Italia
- messages can be sent to other addresses in carbon copy (CC), but not in blind carbon copy (BCC)
- a message can be sent to up to 500 recipients (the sender will receive a delivery receipt email for each recipient)
- any cancellation of the Vianova contract entails the deletion of the CEM mailboxes and the messages sent and received, as well as the decertification of the activated CEM domain
- the length of a certified email address cannot exceed 80 characters and can only contain lowercase alphanumeric characters including periods and dashes; accented characters, spaces, and other special symbols are not allowed
- the service is provided in collaboration with an operator accredited by the Agency for Digital Italy (AgID)
- the delivery receipt confirms that the message has been delivered to the recipient’s mailbox but does not certify that the message has been read
- the receipts have legal value only if the sender and the recipient communicate via CEM mailboxes
- the receipts are stored by the Operator for at least 30 months; it is possible to request a copy with the same legal value
- to guarantee the security of mailboxes, the CEM service uses the ‘TLS 1.2’ communication protocol, compatible with the most up-to-date versions of browsers and operating systems, and does not allow access to the service if the minimum requirements are not met; the list of versions that support the service is available at supporto.welcomeitalia.it/pec